Night of glitz & glamour
See some of Australia’s top Dancesport compete before your very eyes. Doors open at 6:00 pm. Action packed evening starts at 7:00 pm. Magic ends at 10:30 pm.
- Recreational Open Standard and Latin
- Amatuer Masters New Vogue
- Amatuer Adult Standard
- Amateur Adult Latin
This happens once in year. Be there!
Read on for more
The Latrobe City DanceSport Classic is an action packed event. We start the night with some official welcome speeches from Martyn Kibel (Chairman of DanceSport Victoria) and Michael Rossiter (Latrobe City Council Mayor). Next we show off the local talent with the national anthem sung by the Latrobe Valley Community Choir and a dance performance from the Latrobe Rockers.
The DanceSport competition starts the Junior Open Latin, Masters Open New Vogue, Adult Recreational Ballroom, Adult Open Ballroom, Junior Open Ballroom, Adult Open New Vogue, Recreational Open Latin and Junior Open New Vogue. We then have the presentation of Junior and Recreational Events followed by general dancing. For the second half we have Australia’s best dances do there best in Masters Open Ballroom and Adult Open Latin. This is followed by the presentation of Masters and Adult Events and Honor Dances.
We have the following facilities available:
- Full canteen provided by Traralgon Sports Stadium
- Free spring water from Aqua Cool Springs
- Full bar service from the Premiere Function Centre
Should you have any further enquires, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Come an support this event, we are sure you will enjoy the night.
Consisting of the Cha-Cha-Cha, Rumba, Samba, Paso Doble and Jive, Latin dancing is one of the most popular forms of ballroom dancing. It is considered the most sensual amongst all of the dance styles as it characterizes expressiveness, intensity and energy.
- Cha Cha Cha 30-32 bars per minute
- Samba 48-50 bars per minute
- Rumba 23-25 bars per minute
- Paso Doble 56-60 bars per minute
- Jive 42-44 bars per minute
Standard dancing is composed of more formal dances such as Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Slow Foxtrot and Quickstep. These are generally danced in a closed position of the partners thus requiring an amazing amount of control, body tension and body action to make it look so great.
- Waltz 28-30 bars per minute
- Foxtrot 28-30 bars per minute
- Tango 30-32 bars per minute
- Viennese Waltz 58-60 bars per minute
- Quickstep 50-52 bars per minute
New Vogue dancing
New Vogue is proudly Australian. It is composed of 15 competition dances following either slow foxtrot, march, tango, or Viennese waltz rhythm. It can easily be picked up but hard to master, as it requires extreme timing and action.
- Swing Waltz 50-54 bars per minute
- Parma Waltz, Lucille Waltz, Tracie Leigh Waltz 48-52 bars per minute
- Twilight Waltz 52-56 bars per minute
- Barclay Blues, Charmaine, Excelsior Schottische, Merrilyn, Carousel 28-32 bars per minute
- Gypsy Tap, Evening Three Step 50-56 bars per minute
- La Bomba, Tangoette, Tango Terrific 28-32 bars per minute
Championship events focus on much more knowing the steps, but about the technique and presentation. So don’t be fooled with its simplicity.
See more videos at the DanceSport Victoria YouTube Channel.
It’s going to be a night of competitive ballroom dancing with this elite gathering of champions. They will be competing in straight finals with no warm-up events.
Normally, these champions will need all day to run a full competition with heats and semifinals. But for your absolute pleasure and delight, they will be strutting their heels from 7pm to 10:30pm for your amazement and satisfaction. They will be performing for you in:
- Latin American
- New Vogue
Come and meet your elite DanceSport Competitor before the night. Choose your couple and cheer for them.
Buy your tickets, today.
Click on any of the images to know to read a little bit about them.
Did you enjoy last year’s Latrobe DanceSport Classic? It was spectacular! Below are some of the picture from last year’s event.
Back to top